We believe our director nominees bring diverse and strategically relevant backgrounds to the Company and reflect the global scale of the challenges, risks, and opportunities facing our business today. For more details on our Diversity Policy, see “Diversity Initiatives” in Schedule A of this Circular.
|Overview of our Board’s Profile||Bristow||Cisneros||Coleman||Evans||Greenspun||Harvey||Quinn||Thornton||TOTAL (of 8)|
|Health, Safety & Environmental||2|
|Capital Allocation & Financial Acumen||8|
|Talent Development and Allocation & Partnership Culture||7|
|International Business Experience and Global Partnerships||6|
|Government and Regulatory Affairs & Community Relations||4|
|Age||60||73||50||61||72||68||65||65||Average 64 years|
|Board Tenure||New||16||New||5||5||13||New||7||Average 6 years|
|Gender – Male||8 (100%)|
|Gender – Female||Nil|
* CEO = President and Chief Executive Officer; EC = Executive Chairman
- Mining Operations: Experience at a senior level with mining operations, including production, exploration, reserves, capital projects, and related technology. Familiarity with setting performance expectations, driving continuous improvement through Best-in-Class operational standards, building operational leadership capabilities, and fostering innovation.
- Health, Safety & Environmental: Knowledge of, or experience with, leading health, safety, and environmental practices and related requirements, including sustainable development and corporate responsibility practices and reporting.
- Capital Allocation & Financial Acumen: Experience overseeing the allocation of capital to ensure superior risk-adjusted financial returns, including strengthening our capital structure, evaluating capital investment decisions, setting and enforcing thresholds for financial returns, optimizing asset portfolios, and knowledge of, or experience with, financial accounting and corporate finance.
- Talent Development and Allocation & Partnership Culture: Thorough understanding of the key processes to ensure optimal human capital allocation including attracting, motivating, and retaining top talent. Familiarity with partnership structures and their related cultures. Experience in areas such as setting performance objectives, designing compensation plans, ensuring the right people are in the right roles, succession planning, and organizational design.
- M&A Execution: Experience in evaluating and executing mergers, acquisitions, and asset sales, including the formation of partnerships and joint ventures across the globe.
- International Business Experience and Global Partnerships: Experience conducting business internationally, including exposure to a range of political, cultural, and regulatory requirements. Familiarity with the critical role of partnerships with host governments, local communities, indigenous people, non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders, and an understanding of how to establish and strengthen those partnerships.
- Government and Regulatory Affairs & Community Relations: Experience with the workings of government and public and regulatory policy in Canada, the United States, and internationally. Familiarity with community engagement.
- Risk Management: Knowledge of risk management principles and practices, an understanding of some or all of the key risk areas that a company faces, and an ability to probe risk controls and exposures.